What Art Supplies Will I Take on The Airplane?

What Art Supplies Will I Take on The Airplane?

What Art Supplies Will I Take on The Airplane?
These supplies are versatile and portable making them perfect for travel:
Waterbrush
paper towel
watercolor pencils
watercolor travel paints
small art journal
pencil
pencil sharpener
elegant writer pen
micron (waterproof) pen
mini notebook

What would you bring?
What Art Supplies Will I Take on The Airplane?

Credits:
Video production and Craft ideas: Lindsay Weirich
Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

Sign Up For The Frugal Crafter News! https://tinyletter.com/thefrugalcrafter

For Sponsorships or Product Reviews: http://famebit.com/u/thefrugalcrafterLindsayWeirich

SUBSCRIBE! http://www.youtube.com/user/thefrugalcrafter?sub_confirmation=1

Follow along and have fun!
Thefrugalcrafter Community on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefrugalcrafter Join in the fun!
Visit my blog: http://thefrugalcrafter.wordpress.com
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/frugalcrafter/boards/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lindsayweirich
Instagram: http://instagram.com/lindsayweirich
Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/thefrugalcrafter?sub_confirmation=1

1. Kathryn Jackson on October 19, 2018 at 4:18 am

Safe travels.

2. Viki Banaszak on October 19, 2018 at 4:18 am

Have a safe trip and have fun!

3. Milly M on October 19, 2018 at 4:18 am

Hi Lindsay I love your videos and the way you teach. I’m quite new to watercolour and I would love it if you could make an easy lavender watercolour tutorial. Thank you!☺

4. venusiandesigns on October 19, 2018 at 4:20 am

Have a safe and fun trip.

5. On3Singl3Signal 27 on October 19, 2018 at 4:21 am

Yay, this is fun watching what things you are going to have on your trip and seeing these things getting repacked. 👽 So, I found it all very interesting and the things I would bring is rope that is jointed with other ropes at my waist line, my blanket, a few stuffed animals, sewing stuff w/ fabric, a mini Bible and dictionary, a notebook, pens, pencils, eraser, my sharpener, site out, tape, glue stick, nail filer, lighter, gloves, masks, spikes, staff, hat, shoes, water bottle w/out the water, tissues, bandaids, coloring pencils, a mini radio, scissors and that’s it. (: Yay that was fun, thank you for the fun.

6. Lynn Gasorowski on October 19, 2018 at 4:22 am

Good luck on flight! You will do fine!! Read, color, occupy your mind!! A drink or two doesn’t hurt either!! I’m flying back tomorrow from Venice Florida to Albany ny. I have flown a lot. When I worked it was a requirement of my job!! Your arts bag is what I do for flying as well! Good luck!

7. escalosobre on October 19, 2018 at 4:23 am

TSA is clear on what is allowed through the checkpoint. Flight attendant can give you 2 cups of water – one for you, one for paintbrushes. Also, I would make a smaller commonly used bundle of colored pencils due to the tight elbow and tray room. Finally, no need for paper toweling. Use napkins airline provides! Denver is a bumpy flight 🙂

8. Janine Chrysler on October 19, 2018 at 4:25 am

Very cool selection of supplies. I would also have a digital camera and a video game app.

9. Maggie Laird on October 19, 2018 at 4:25 am

Hi Lindsay! safe travels. I just asked my husband about the sharpener (he’s worked the airlines for 40 years) and he says no problem!! good luck with your trip! <3

10. Vvampira on October 19, 2018 at 4:27 am

Can you take pens on the airplane because that’s what I primarily use and I have a lot that I like but if I bring my faves I don’t them taken away :/

11. On3Singl3Signal 27 on October 19, 2018 at 4:27 am

Okay also pads, toilet paper, flashlight, and a comb. Also, extra close as well woops totally slipped my mind on the first go.

12. dee vargas on October 19, 2018 at 4:28 am

Yay! Enjoy your spacious flight!

13. Crafty Grandma on October 19, 2018 at 4:35 am

Have a safe trip Lindsay, I am sure you won’t have a problem with security…I had a rolly case with pencils, markers, stamps and stamp pads, geeze, even my heat gun…just loads of stuff when we went to NY last month. I didn’t want to check my "Stuff" afraid they would lose my suitcase so I took it on the plane. No problem at all…I had 2 pairs of scissors also…I don’t think a pencil sharpener is going to be a problem…bring snacks with you, depending on what airline you are traveling you may not get any or be able to buy any in flight. You may think you’re not going to be hungry, but once in the air my stomach always growls…maybe some hummus and pretzel snacks, or a sandwich depending on the time of day. Enjoy your trip sweetie…have fun while taping!

14. Elizabeth Kilbride on October 19, 2018 at 4:36 am

Safe travels my friend. I’m itching to travel and do some art work while away. Although I have no time right now, but it’s on the list of things to do. I’m watching this after the fact, please tell us if you had any problems through security with your art supplies. Maybe you should do an interview with the TSA people to get an idea for a show on what not to bring with you on a plane.

15. Julia's Comfy Corner on October 19, 2018 at 4:36 am

I’m DRIVING from Arizona all the way to Oregon in September. I really want to bring paints and paint a really pretty landscape!

16. Marji Miller on October 19, 2018 at 4:36 am

Have a safe trip and a fun and productive time! Hugs!

17. AndrewandBertha Pilgrim on October 19, 2018 at 4:41 am

Safe travels Lindsay!

18. Janea on October 19, 2018 at 4:42 am

Have a safe trip! No worries!

19. Bharu Siva on October 19, 2018 at 4:44 am

Lindsay, do you have a tutorial on elegant writer pens. Are they lightfast and refillable ?

20. Karen Clark on October 19, 2018 at 4:44 am

Lindsay, how did you like the art journal that you took on your trip? I am going on a trip in a couple weeks and I bought a travel case for my Inktense pencils. A couple hours on the plane should go quickly if I am able to create on the way!

21. Anna Kim on October 19, 2018 at 4:46 am

Where can I find the tutorial for the elegant writer pen Lindsay?

22. Denise Brooks on October 19, 2018 at 4:47 am

Safe travels Lindsay!

23. Randi Command on October 19, 2018 at 4:48 am

Have you got a graphite pencil?

24. olderendirt on October 19, 2018 at 4:48 am

Have a great time and prayers for safe travel. 🙂

25. REBECCA SHARP on October 19, 2018 at 4:52 am

Have fun!

26. Joyce Gandy on October 19, 2018 at 4:53 am

Have a great time Lindsay:-)

27. RisingStill on October 19, 2018 at 4:54 am

I wish you all the luck in the world Lindsay- not that you’ll need it, you’ll be fine! So sorry to hear about your loss, my dog was truly my best friend and when he went I lost something I could never put into words. Thank you for your videos, you inspire me and so many others to create, imagine and stay positive. Sending you big hugs from Sydney

28. Cynthia Conrad on October 19, 2018 at 4:55 am

Happy travels!

29. Dawn Phares on October 19, 2018 at 4:57 am

I appreciate your comment that “the more I pack the less I do”! How true – how true! what are the water brushes you used?

30. mvass294evr on October 19, 2018 at 4:58 am

Prestamped card fronts for coloring.

31. Julie M on October 19, 2018 at 4:59 am

Your kit is only missing col-erase pencil for sketching. also, if you take any medications, always have them in carry-on so if luggage is lost you still have them. Safe travel!

32. Sunny Becker on October 19, 2018 at 5:00 am

I would toss in some baby wipes and a scarf or pashmina — just in case you get cold on the plane. Well, truth be told, *I* would stuff as much as I could in the bag and then bemoan what a terrible packer I am. I admire your minimalist approach!

33. Ava Gillap on October 19, 2018 at 5:00 am

Can you possibly do a craft room tour 2016 soon because I absolutely love seeing how other crafters store their things and what they store together, thanks!

34. Connie F. on October 19, 2018 at 5:00 am

Antibacterial wipes. Tissues. Music on the phone to drown out the "busy" and discourage any annoying people from chatting up. I’ve had some odd seat-mates in my traveling days. And some good ones too.

35. tooswt4bs on October 19, 2018 at 5:02 am

Hey Lindsey, I’m not 100% positive but I’m pretty sure they will confiscate your pencil sharpener at the airport unless it’s in a checked bag. It’s because it has a razor blade in it andit could be used as a weapon if you took the sharpener apart. Just something to consider

36. KioraPlays on October 19, 2018 at 5:02 am

When you’re on a plane, if it stops working, it will be able to coast down and land pretty safely most times. You’ll be fine. ^-^ have a nice trip.

37. Donna B. on October 19, 2018 at 5:03 am

Coloring book! Have a great trip!,

38. On3Singl3Signal 27 on October 19, 2018 at 5:04 am

*clothes

39. Debi Baird on October 19, 2018 at 5:04 am

TSA has the final say, no matter what. But packing *all* liquids in *one* quart-sized ziplock bag facilitates inspection as does not exceeding 3.4oz (100mL) per container (exception: medicines and nutrition). No aerosols allowed, checked or carry-on. The pencil sharpener is fine. TSA will ask about electronic devices and may ask you to power them up – so make sure they are charged! Shoes off – no pedicure, sorry! I asked. Maine is not REAL ID compliant, but has an extension, so you should be OK there.

40. Varvara Barbara on October 19, 2018 at 5:04 am

THE PENS MAY BE TAKEN IN SECURITY.

41. Cie Oflove on October 19, 2018 at 5:09 am

I would take some gum and since I’ll be traveling in a couple weeks I packed an adult coloring book have a safe trip see you soon

42. Niamh-Learns on October 19, 2018 at 5:09 am

Yes, pleeeease do a tutorial on the Elegant Writer pens! I bought a set of them last year and did a few sketches/paintings with them, but I really want to get some ideas from other artists and learn some other techniques. There are very few videos and tutorials on them, but I’m excited to see what sorts of ideas and techniques you’re able to share, Lindsay! 😀
    Have an awesome trip!! Slán!

43. Cassell's English Class on October 19, 2018 at 5:10 am

Have a great trip! If you take a water bottle, don’t fill it up until after security!

44. geri L on October 19, 2018 at 5:10 am

Hi Lindsay, Have a very safe and happy trip !!

45. Betty Friedrichsmeyer on October 19, 2018 at 5:11 am

make sure you can take the pencil sharpener first, they take away the stupidest things now days.have a wonderful and safe trip!!

46. TheMeriAtelier on October 19, 2018 at 5:12 am

ok, I know you are half a country away, but I would much rather drive than fly. if I had to fly, I would change out than prima set for Daniel Smith watercolor sticks and throw in a good glue stick in case you got into a collage mode. I would change out all those watercolor pencils for a couple of sets of nice Faber-Castell and Copic markers. but that is me — I would drive though, and in my mini van so I could have my urban sketching case right by my side. not telling you to drive, lol from that distance I would need a month to get there because I would be wanting to stop at all the interesting places along the way to urban sketch – have a gooood time

47. stardustgirl on October 19, 2018 at 5:12 am

Lindsey, I hope you have a great trip! I never ever fly, it makes me a bit uneasy. I love road trips, I can stop anywhere that looks interesting.

48. Tiffany Asbury on October 19, 2018 at 5:13 am

Lindsey! I hope you have a wonderful trip to Denver! I love your videos and try to do most of your watercolor tutorials. Will you have time to meet up with some of your Denver fans? I would love to meet you ! Also be sure to drink plenty of water and rest when you get up here. Attitude sickness is no fun.

49. cecile dougherty on October 19, 2018 at 5:15 am

I can’t think of any other art supplies for you to pack. I really hope you have fun and enjoy your trip to Denver!

50. JeanneGS1 on October 19, 2018 at 5:15 am

A Craftsy class?! When I saw you were filming in Denver, I suspected as much! That would be great! I’ll be signing up! I like the classes I’ve taken from Craftsy!! And I love your tutorials, so overall, Yea!, I’ve flown those puddle jumper flights from NJ to Maine – they can be a little disconcerting. I like your travel kit, and as someone else noted, I’d add a couple of baby wipes in a Baggie.