Travel Art Supplies – Daily + Extended Trip

Travel Art Supplies – Daily + Extended Trip

Instagram โ™ก @leighellexson
Website โ†’ http://www.leighellexson.com

Ever since I got back from Europe, this video has been asked for over and over again (along with a sketchbook tour of my travel sketchbook which I will get to) so here she is!! Thinking of making the tour and talking about why I love to draw outside of my home and maybe tips on how to be less intimidated? WE SHALL SEE!! Hope you like this vid! I won’t be linking the supplies cause that’s gonna take forever, use the google plz.

๐ŸŒธJoin me on Patreon for exclusive content!

๐Ÿ’Œ I got a new PO box!
Leigh Ellexson
3239 Jefferson Ave
Suite 121
Cincinnati, OH 45220
USA

โœจMUSICโœจ
Shashmi By: Jeff Kaale
One for Jun By: Jeff Kaale

1. Luna y Mandala on October 16, 2018 at 3:57 am

Hola a todos! Tengo un video de โ€œplan with me aestheticโ€ en espaรฑol. Espero pasen a verlo ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Shae Vasile-Beaver on October 16, 2018 at 3:59 am

That mini Altoid palette is adorable and genius! I also love how loose and colorful your travel sketches are. โœจ

3. Sunny Tiger on October 16, 2018 at 3:59 am

yay omg Iโ€™ve been requesting this video for ages on your Instagram :))

4. Julia Holland on October 16, 2018 at 4:01 am

what’s the benefit of carrying the gauche w you?

5. Neyruz AJ on October 16, 2018 at 4:02 am

Hi Leigh, what about other kind of brushes, do you have a tip for carrying around brushes with no lids? Please if you unswear my question would you kindly share it with me?

6. Thea Jhan on October 16, 2018 at 4:02 am

Thank you so much I love it a lot! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

7. sweetsinner on October 16, 2018 at 4:02 am

I have altoids tins in which I put crayons and colour pencil

8. Lyn Barcanic on October 16, 2018 at 4:04 am

check out meowmeowkapow for some great watercolor travel palette ideas/tutorials!!

9. Tofu Brained on October 16, 2018 at 4:06 am

There are also some sharpeners that are made for sharpening colored pencils, like the Uni Colored Pencil Sharpener (https://www.jetpens.com/Uni-Color-Pencil-Sharpener/pd/8856). I have one and my lead has never broken with it!

10. Happy Kappa on October 16, 2018 at 4:07 am

aw Leigh, I love you

11. Michelle Richmond on October 16, 2018 at 4:09 am

Where did you get your sketchbook? cuz I couldn’t find it in my local art store๐Ÿ˜love u Leigh

12. Rocketdoq on October 16, 2018 at 4:09 am

loved this video, but kind of cracked up at "i wouldn’t bring all of these with me every day, thatd be insane!" LOL. would it..? my travel art supply bag is about that large and i can’t go on a trip without it, and i bring all those supplies with me everywhere.

13. Hobby Rat on October 16, 2018 at 4:10 am

I’ve always envied people able to make killer art & sketches outside of their homes. For some reason I get overwhelmed by the idea that people are watching or judging what I’m drawing. (Granted I have social anxiety, but you know, details…) I always enjoy watching your videos, lowkey wish we lived in the same area, you seem like a cool person to kick it with. Stay rad! Hope you’re doing good!

14. Elias Delgado on October 16, 2018 at 4:12 am

I found that one of the best ways to conserve pencils of any type is to use a blade (of some sort) to sharpen them. It allows you to also get the point that you are looking for.

15. Krystal McCrummen on October 16, 2018 at 4:13 am

I love your art, style and videos ๐Ÿ˜Š This is kind of off topic but youโ€™re makeup so fresh and dewy! May I ask what you use?

16. Olivi_art RoRoRo on October 16, 2018 at 4:14 am

I had the same problem with prismacolors breaking! But I’ve started sharpening the pencils using the opposite hand than I normally would and moving the sharpener around the pencil (rather than the pencil in the sharpener) and they don’t break half as much!

17. Kayla Belle on October 16, 2018 at 4:14 am

But like where you get that dress from…? ๐Ÿ˜

18. rachel m. on October 16, 2018 at 4:14 am

what numbers are the copic? PS i lov ur style and the way you combine the colors is beautifulโœจ

19. Olivia on October 16, 2018 at 4:14 am

your art is so cute i love how colorful everything is!!

20. Laura Gomez on October 16, 2018 at 4:15 am

I love people who can draw outside, in the world, with humans. I’d get too self conscious.

21. Hoop Of Spiders on October 16, 2018 at 4:15 am

I’ve heard some tips for the prismacolor premier pencils. Haven’t tried the tips myself, so I’m not speaking from experience, but they’re worth trying if you’re going through them so much. One is to try heating the pencils a bit with a hair dryer to melt the wax back together anywhere the lead has split in the shaft. Another is to use a sharpener that rotates around the pencil (like either an electric one or a table top one you rotate the turny knob thing around-of course neither of these are travel friendly, but I’ve heard at least rotating a hand-held pencil sharpener around the pencil, rather than grinding the pencil around inside the sharpener helps). Maybe others have some tips too? Or if you’ve tried these, I’m curious if they’ve helped at all. I’ve just started using these pencils, love them, but haven’t gotten around to trying to sharpen them yet.

22. Total Trash Mammal on October 16, 2018 at 4:16 am

I don’t wanna look like some snobby elitist, bashing on people for using the art supplies they like or anything dumb like that, but honestly, how do people still tolerate Prismacolors with their lead that breaks SO MUCH?? Ignoring the col-erase, because I have those, I had a 12 pack of Prismacolors (i think it was Prismacolor scholar) and I absolutely did not have the patience for that lead breaking all the time. I practically used half the peach colored pencil on one 9×12 portrait drawing for an art class assignment because it broke so much and so much lead came off the pencil!
    Maybe y’all have more patience than me, which would not surprise me at all, but I made the scary investment and bought a pack of Faber-Castell Polychromos and I instantly fell in love. I literally used to bring the whole pack to work with me because I couldn’t stop using them. And the lead rarely snaps like that. Sharpens beautifully. The colors are addicting and beautiful with such a magnificent color range in each individual pencil. I’d never willingly choose Prismacolor again after using these babies.
    I hate Faber-Castell’s fineliners and brush pens and such, but god damn, they make some FINE colored pencils.

23. Jessie Jane on October 16, 2018 at 4:18 am

Where do you get all your prismacolor pencils from?!

24. Nancee M on October 16, 2018 at 4:19 am

You are a great inspiration! Keep at it!โค๏ธ๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆ„๐Ÿฆ„

25. Jessica E. on October 16, 2018 at 4:21 am

Where is that little pencil loop holder thingy from that she had on her sketchbook?

26. Myownbravado on October 16, 2018 at 4:22 am

The little altoid tin is such a cute idea! I have a different Winsor and Newton mini watercolor set, but I feel like it’s too big to bring around with me. Definitely going to look into making a mini one, hopefully I can find some mini pans that aren’t too expensive. Also, your long romper thing is SO cute, I’m v short so I never wear those types of things.

27. Jessica E. on October 16, 2018 at 4:26 am

28. Sarcasm and Foxes on October 16, 2018 at 4:26 am

I’m always too scared to draw outside for some reason but your drawings always look so beautiful!!

29. Madelyne Bonilla on October 16, 2018 at 4:28 am

Hey Leigh! It’s so good to see your video again. It gives myself and others inspiration to keep drawing. It’s also helpful.

30. unisophiacorn on October 16, 2018 at 4:31 am

I really love the style of your videos and art! You have probably answered this somewhere already, but what camera do you use and would you suggest it or something else? Thank you and have a nice dayโ˜†

31. mara brdz on October 16, 2018 at 4:31 am

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

32. Christy Fantino on October 16, 2018 at 4:32 am

I was super excited to see that you posted a video. Great tips! I always bring some supplies when traveling but seldom use them. ๐Ÿ™ I would be interested to hear when/where you decided to draw/paint during your trip and what made you pick the subjects that you decided on. Also, from the glimpses in this video, your travel sketchbook looks so great. Will you do a sketchbook tour of it?

33. moonchu on October 16, 2018 at 4:34 am

i love watching your videos while i work. thanks for sharing your experiences!

34. Sofia Velarde on October 16, 2018 at 4:37 am

I love how u cycle through similar art supplies but each sketch never looks the same๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝโœจ๐ŸŒฟ

35. Juju Rezz on October 16, 2018 at 4:39 am

Your videos makes me feel happy and inspired! Thank you! โœจ๐Ÿ˜‚

36. Kelly ledsworth on October 16, 2018 at 4:39 am

I’m always very excited when you post a video. Your just so fun,casual and quirky and I hope to be an artist like you someday.

37. dorkabrain on October 16, 2018 at 4:40 am

I found that my prisma color pencils broke less once I changed the way I sharpened them. All my life I would sharpen pencils holding the sharpener in my non-dominant hand and turn the pencil. After watching a video by prisma color, I learnt that that is too rough on the lead. So I now hold the pencil in my non-dominant hand and gently turn the sharpener with the other. It’s not 100% full-proof, but it did make my pencils last longer.

38. Kate Bird Art on October 16, 2018 at 4:43 am

When my prismacolours break (or any pencil brand actually), I’ll microwave them for 10 seconds, and those pencil’s leads have never broken again (unless I drop them of course ๐Ÿ˜‰)

39. Aimee Berard on October 16, 2018 at 4:44 am

As a small YouTuber, I love watching your videos because it gives me hope๐ŸŒป

40. Jin's Princess on October 16, 2018 at 4:45 am

Loved the video!!!
    It would also be really cool if you would share with us some travel vlogs of your trips in the future, I would personally be very interested in that ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Love you~~~๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

41. Swivel Chair on October 16, 2018 at 4:45 am

๐Ÿ‘

42. Nancee M on October 16, 2018 at 4:46 am

I recently when to Europe too! Gorgeous! I also love ๐Ÿ’— using coloured pencils !๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ

43. Andreea Ciocirlan on October 16, 2018 at 4:46 am

hmm, i always bring stuff with me when i travel, but i just never find the time to do it. what is the secret, people ?

44. Angelina Wanczarskyj on October 16, 2018 at 4:47 am

Such.a cute video! I also loooove what you’re wearing!

45. Sofia on October 16, 2018 at 4:48 am

Aaah Iโ€™d love to have a mini Kรฅnken and a fav everyday-sketchbook but I donโ€™t go anywhere lol

46. Gem Gamboa on October 16, 2018 at 4:48 am

aaaa i loved this supa simple and informative video~ I also wanna DIY that sketchbook band lol its soooo cute n useful lookin!

47. Mirjana Bozhinovska on October 16, 2018 at 4:49 am

Nice to see you back!

48. Linda Smith on October 16, 2018 at 4:50 am

I pretty much took a black liner, a white gel, two brushes (maybe 3 and 10?), my watercolor pencils, and sketchbook with to Aruba. I hate packing too much stuff. You have it down.

49. Amira Loutfi on October 16, 2018 at 4:51 am