My Travel Photography Gear

My Travel Photography Gear

Be sure to check out http://www.brendansadventures.com for more of my photography

About the video:

This video is probably long overdue. The question I’ve been asked above all others since getting into the travel photography industry is what I shoot. Well, I think that the answer will actually surprise most people. Sure, I pack a lot of gear, but more people expect me to be shooting the top-of-the-line photography equipment. Instead, I have a mix of amazing gear and some compromises I need to make because travel photography isn’t a high paying career. Also, since I’m travelling 365 days a year, I don’t have the luxury of packing for specific things. I have to carry everything I own.
My travel photography gear includes:
– Canon 60D Body
– Canon 70-200mm f/2.8
– Canon 50mm f/1.8
– Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
– Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8-4.5
– GoPro
– Oben Tripod and Manfrotto head
– Oben Monopod
– Variety of Filters
– Kata Backpack

Anyways, stay tuned to the travel photography channel here on YouTube. I’ve got lots of cool travel photography hacks, tips, tutorials, and some stuff from out in the field. Stay tuned!

1. Herminigildo Jakosalem on September 17, 2018 at 9:08 pm

I find nothing special/good with my Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM. It is even no good for video (noisy auto focus on my 70D). It is a let down. During normal use, when shaken, It makes a noise like something is loose inside.

2. Cherubino on September 17, 2018 at 9:08 pm

Jesus…. travel every day of the year ???

3. Рауан Курмангалиев on September 17, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Thank you for your videos!

4. Kishalay Bhaumik on September 17, 2018 at 9:09 pm

আরে ভাই বেড়াতে গিয়ে এত মালপত্র নিয়ে যাওয়া যায় নাকি !

5. ben champ on September 17, 2018 at 9:10 pm

u love everything

6. Shawn White on September 17, 2018 at 9:11 pm

That was tremendously awesome! I’m an amateur photographer and also do a lot of traveling, so watching your videos, website, tutorials, and pictures was great! I really like what you do, and the professional photos you turn out on a measly budget and terrible gear compared to  the "pros". I actually shoot very similarly with a Canon 600D, the nifty-fifty, and really want to get a Sigma for landscaping. Keep up the great work! And I am subscribing for sure. !!!:)!!!

7. Miguel on September 17, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Please get an external mic

8. Krzysztof Blach on September 17, 2018 at 9:12 pm

Crop for 60d is 1.6x crop

9. Bob Chap on September 17, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Hey, I’m wondering what your photography gear looks like?

10. thomas humphreys on September 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm

Hi Brendan what do you use to edit and process your photos on? X

11. jsm666 on September 17, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Pentax K5 with 18-270mm f5.6-6.3 zoom, crank up the ISO. As an amateur I’ll never print larger than 5×7, and in most cases just having the image is enough, so I can live with the imperfections and the slowness. One body, one lens does the whole lot. No changing things or screwing around. If I’m feeling the need for speed, the 40mm f2.8 pancake does the trick and takes up minimal space or weight, and I can always crop and expand as a substitute for the zoom it doesn’t give me. If I know I’m going somewhere wet, I might take the 40mm and my 100mm WR Macro for longer distance work instead of the zoom. If I find something cheap lens-wise in a camera store or pawnshop somewhere, I have back-compatibility since before I was born. God bless Pentax. 🙂

12. luckyblueduck on September 17, 2018 at 9:33 pm

Awesome!

13. Vegard Heyerdahl on September 17, 2018 at 9:34 pm

Looked like you put gasoline on the gopro and set fire to it he he

14. Yingjie Xu on September 17, 2018 at 9:35 pm

Can you please suggest me with a landscape lens on my Nikon d5300? I own a 18-140mm and a 50mm f1.8g lens right now. Appreciated!

15. BigB on September 17, 2018 at 9:36 pm

Do you have a link, perhaps on your website or somewhere, that says about your occupation? I know you are a travel photographer but where to you sell your pictures / videos?

16. Geremy Grey on September 17, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Glad i found your channel! I want to travel the world as a photographer, just trying to figure out how to fund it

17. Carson Stephens on September 17, 2018 at 9:39 pm

Why do I see so many people using a 70-200 when I use a 75-300? What’s the point?

18. Eduardas Kubilinskas on September 17, 2018 at 9:39 pm

dude you NEED to shave your head! getting bold is not a choice. shaving your head is!

19. Big Daddy on September 17, 2018 at 9:40 pm

13000th subscriber

20. Gary Hoare on September 17, 2018 at 9:45 pm

Great video. Really interesting. Where did you get the small bag for your filters??

21. Mark Wiens on September 17, 2018 at 9:46 pm

Nice to see your gear setup +Brendan van Son

22. Shawn White on September 17, 2018 at 9:50 pm

I also happen to live in China, so I came across your website and videos after reading your article on the "Avatar Forest". I really hope to go there this year!

23. Brendan van Son on September 17, 2018 at 9:52 pm

Ever wonder what’s in my Travel Photography bag?? My Travel Photography Gear

24. tanvir raihan Islam on September 17, 2018 at 9:53 pm

Sir, you’re an inspiration. 🙂

25. Karina Robin on September 17, 2018 at 9:57 pm

Am a bit surprised – my EOS 60D has a crop factor of 1.6 (as do all of Canon’s crop cameras). Why does yours have 1.4 ???

26. Brendan van Son on September 17, 2018 at 9:57 pm

A look into my Travel #Photography  Gear. What do you think?  My Travel Photography Gear

27. isopixify on September 17, 2018 at 9:57 pm

60d is  1.6crop(apsc = 1.6) not 1.4crop(apsh =1.3)

28. See that wonder on September 17, 2018 at 9:58 pm

Hi Brendan,
    Need your opinion about a wide angle lens, your 10-29 Sigma F4 -5.6 or a canon 10-22 3.5-5.6, both don’t have image stabilisation but I’m really undecided which one should I buy…
    Thanks for you help

My travel channel:

29. Fadiah Qisthina on September 17, 2018 at 9:59 pm

How to travel as often as you? I mean how about the money? Thats the first exactly problem for travelers..

30. maslak on September 17, 2018 at 10:01 pm

how to you make money on the road? I wanna live like this too!

31. Brendan van Son on September 17, 2018 at 10:02 pm

What does my photography gear look like?  A bit like this: My Travel Photography Gear

32. Jasmine Ross on September 17, 2018 at 10:03 pm

Wait what was the hard drive name and style?

33. Robin Le on September 17, 2018 at 10:05 pm

Such a humble and friendly photographer. <3

34. mers-pho on September 17, 2018 at 10:05 pm

hey they allow you to bring that backpack with you on your seat or do you have to check it?

35. ANUP BAIDYA on September 17, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Beautiful video…
    Nice work….
    Thank you for that awesome information…

36. Wisdom Light Pro on September 17, 2018 at 10:07 pm

You are great. Your lifestyle is the one I have dreamed for long time. I hope to read and see more your production. If you come to Sydney, let me know and have a coffee.