Packing For Japan! Top 10 Tech and Gear (more like 20) Things I’m bringing!

Packing For Japan! Top 10 Tech and Gear (more like 20) Things I’m bringing!

What I pack and bring when I travel to Japan.

Audible Link – http://www.audible.com/annaleeandjesse.

Ray-Bans – http://amzn.to/1Mv9qJ7
Sony – no link – too old
Pocket WIFI – we’ve had luck with econnectjapan.com
Backup Batteries – http://amzn.to/1DbcQRF and
Samsung 64 gb Card – http://amzn.to/19eTOxl
Samsung Micro SD – http://amzn.to/1GJMs2z
Apple Wall Charger – http://amzn.to/1HM9iEg
Plug Adaptor -http://amzn.to/1FTCmIM
Notebook – from a japanese stationary store
Pen – from a japanese stationary store
Zeiss Lens Wipes -http://amzn.to/1AqlViG
Tripod – http://amzn.to/1GJNBHl
Selfie stick – http://amzn.to/1AqmGZ1
GoPro Hero 4 – http://amzn.to/1Aqn8GP
Sony RX100 – http://amzn.to/19eUN0y
Canon GX7 – http://amzn.to/1AqnBIS
Zelda Limited Edition 3DS – http://amzn.to/1MvfnWL
Macbook Air – http://amzn.to/1FTFHYt
Acme Case – http://amzn.to/1wZTs8y
G-Drive – http://amzn.to/1GJQtny
Kata Digital Rucksack – no longer available

About Anna Lee – I’m a hairstylist at Chaz Dean Studio in Los Angeles, California. Available by appointment only on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays. 323.467.6444.

+ INSTAGRAM: @annarunswithscissors
+ TWITTER: @_annalee_
+ WEBSITE: annarunswithscissors.com

About Jesse – I press a button.

+ INSTAGRAM: @jessefff
+ TWITTER: @jessefff
+ WEBSITE: jessefiorino.com

FTC – Yep! This is sponsored by our friends at Audible. Since you liked reading this – why don’t you try an audio book?!

1. jsheeezy on September 11, 2018 at 7:20 pm

can you do a go pro review?? I’m really considering about buying one, but i don’t exactly know what those frames mean!

2. stella vega on September 11, 2018 at 7:21 pm

i love your videos ..you both ROCK

3. MyCupcakelandia on September 11, 2018 at 7:22 pm

Great video, so helpful, have a nice trip ñ_ñ <3

4. Pamela J Levene on September 11, 2018 at 7:24 pm

I think this is definitely a video for guys! I did appreciate your handy tips but for me – single traveller, older lady (!) it’s definitely overkill! (You said it 🙂 ) I don’t know how you carry everything around!
    You do realise that you can BUY cables and stuff in Japan if you lose the one you brought or it lets you down in some way? There are amazing stores in the big cities! And lots of the stuff is made in Japan so it will probably be at a great price! (I bought an extra battery pack for my camera – and it had a much larger capacity than the two I had brought with for a much lower cost!)
    Also I didn’t use a portable wifi – I simply got a data SIM card when I got there. The shop assistant changed it for me (yes again, I’m a lady!) and it worked perfectly for the whole month I was there … (I believe it’s still illegal to have a phone SIM if you aren’t a resident – but I talked on FaceTime / Skype / WhatsApp) The best was, as you said – having access to Google maps – and another useful app was the English Japanese translator! I had one that spoke and I would literally type in what I wanted and let it talk for me!!!

5. pinark4 on September 11, 2018 at 7:25 pm

Cant wait to see the japan vlog wuhuuuuu already excitedddd

6. Yuka Akiyama on September 11, 2018 at 7:27 pm

How can you get those pocket wifi things?

7. Elenor Little on September 11, 2018 at 7:28 pm

WOO CANADA

8. tatchanuesugi on September 11, 2018 at 7:29 pm

You just saved my life, telling me to pack my passport.

9. Jenny M on September 11, 2018 at 7:31 pm

the pocket wifi is a lifesaving tip! I’ve been figuring out what to do with my phone when I go! thanks! 😀

10. Glenallen Mixon on September 11, 2018 at 7:31 pm

I really enjoyed that Murakami book also! Thanks to Jenn from clothesencounters who introduced his books a bunch of times on her channel:)

11. Synderella X on September 11, 2018 at 7:33 pm

I would totally pay for tech/camera classes from you! Have fun in Japan!

12. MissExpensivePink on September 11, 2018 at 7:34 pm

Great video Jesse!!! 👍

13. Davina on September 11, 2018 at 7:34 pm

Anna!Jesse! I hope you’re having fun in Japan, can’t wait for the vlogs! I finally started my own channel and would love it if you checked it out 🙂

14. db2able on September 11, 2018 at 7:34 pm

Another great tip video.
    Ya, I’m like you & going to have to cave in to the selfie stick. Also thanks for the tip on the mobile quick charger for my phone.

15. megumi.days on September 11, 2018 at 7:36 pm

PUHAHAHA you guys never fail to make me laugh so hardd to the floor (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖
    other than that~ this video is supperr helpful!! there’s so many tips and things that were mentioned which i would definitely use on my trip to japan or even to other places

16. Mang Mags on September 11, 2018 at 7:36 pm

Dude, can I suggest something. Can you put in the title — "Electronics stuff" or "Techie stuff". Thank you for the techie stuff suggestions. Godspeed.

17. Empress Lania on September 11, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Hey, where do you get the pocket wifi to rent and how much does it cost?

18. supermh on September 11, 2018 at 7:37 pm

Jesse the Malibu gansta!!!😎

19. Mathias Kahl on September 11, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Thanks, this is definitely one of the few more helpful channels.

20. Julianna K on September 11, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Gonna download the book, sounds awesomely mysterious!

21. Hope Batchelor on September 11, 2018 at 7:39 pm

I’ve just filmed a similar video I’m going to be putting up this week so It’s really great to see someone elses top tips! Plus those raybans are SUPER cool – I may have to get them for my boyfriend. x

22. Didoy Militante on September 11, 2018 at 7:40 pm

Salamat po!

23. Cryptic Cereal on September 11, 2018 at 7:40 pm

YESS we both have the fabulous legend of zelda 3ds

24. MAI ZOUA YANG on September 11, 2018 at 7:42 pm

Luv the sunglass moment

25. krusty604 on September 11, 2018 at 7:43 pm

Love to sound effects to Jesse!! Also my hubby will be so jealous of your Zelda ds!! And can Anna do a video on what to pack?!! It would be really cool cuz I love what she wears when she travels!!! Safe travels!!

26. Lotus Yang on September 11, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Get free travel adapter!!!! We sell universal travel adapter with 4 usb and global plug compatible sockets on az. It’s for over 150+countries. Who would like to test the product and share your comment with us? With sharing comment, you can get one universal travel adapter for free. Contact me if you are interested in it. My Facebook is: Lotus Yang

27. CMYK Ki on September 11, 2018 at 7:46 pm

There was a video posted around late-jan and early-feb when Anna picked up a pair of rose gold plated necklaces from a shop in little Tokyo for around $10-12? I couldn’t find the vlog so I was wonder what the name of the shop was.

28. fishfillet on September 11, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I’m going to Japan solo in early May and it’s helpful to have "how to" videos rather than exploring [insert destination] !

29. mbarda on September 11, 2018 at 7:49 pm

Love love this video. Japan is on my list of future visits.

30. jennycubs on September 11, 2018 at 7:53 pm

lol the music and the camera shaking when you put on the Ray Bans

31. Yun Ni on September 11, 2018 at 7:58 pm

i saw lots of different kind cables !!!^_^ , chargers ~~~~~~~  thanks for the link for the camera recommendations

32. Agnes Gufi on September 11, 2018 at 7:58 pm

3ds ! definitely! 😀

33. findKHRISTINE on September 11, 2018 at 7:59 pm

I always take your techie suggestions jesse! you’re the best!

34. Sandy Fox on September 11, 2018 at 7:59 pm

Do you guys use packing cubes for your apparel?  Totally enjoy geeking out with Jesse :O

35. Julesclues on September 11, 2018 at 8:00 pm

This video is so handy because I will be going to Japan this summer. I’m so excited! And I love the sunglasses part XD

36. Coco on September 11, 2018 at 8:01 pm

You guys go to Japan a lot. Take me with you the next time you go :D. Have you guys ever flown there in the first class suites that have those nice, cushy seats that can turn into mini beds?? You should film it if you ever do. The sunglasses part was hilarious, Jesse…lol.

37. lilmamadrea87 on September 11, 2018 at 8:02 pm

I own a hotspot will this work just as well as the pocket wifi?

38. Samantha C on September 11, 2018 at 8:03 pm

I love your nintendo 3ds. I also have the zelda 3ds. Sadly I have the black and gold zelda 3ds and not the cool gold one.

39. WeezyTiff on September 11, 2018 at 8:05 pm

Woah I didn’t know you were Canadian :O
    One more reason to like you guys
    Hello from Montreal xx

40. Asami Uzawa on September 11, 2018 at 8:05 pm

hey jesse (hi anna!), i have a quick question. I’m going to japan in april to visit my grandmother. in all the years i have gone with my family we never bother to look into wifi because it was purely for vacation. but now that I’m working i need to have a way to check my emails. i was wondering what other "wifi to go" services you have used. i looked into the econnect japan but i wouldn’t be able to get it until the end of the trip.

thanks for the video! hope you two had fun in japan!!

41. Meister Yassine on September 11, 2018 at 8:06 pm

pocket wifi definitely 🙂

42. litoelixir on September 11, 2018 at 8:06 pm

Wait… What? Is that a Canadian passport?

43. Mary Gallardo on September 11, 2018 at 8:08 pm

Japan again? You guys are the living the life! Awesome! 🙂

44. Krishtie Mofazzal on September 11, 2018 at 8:08 pm

"you don’t want to see us pack our clothes, it’s boring" I can tell you now, nearly everyone who watches this channel would find you two packing your clothes (your very nice clothes) interesting so

45. Aida Marie Doques on September 11, 2018 at 8:09 pm

Hi. Just wanted to comment that I am watching the wen infomercial as I am typing this. I turned on the tv and bam…there’s Anna. I couldn’t believe it. Anyway, I wonder if you guys are back yet. Miss your vlogs!!!

46. Mike D on September 11, 2018 at 8:09 pm

you didn’t have to use anything special when plugging your electronics into the wall, like an inverter or whatever?

47. Danae Saco on September 11, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Haha the sunglasses! 😂

48. jk1776 on September 11, 2018 at 8:13 pm

Can I comment 2.5 years later. It seemed a bit nuts to me with all the stuff you were bringing. Maybe it is just me. I wonder if you gave a hindsight view on whether your gear was too much, too little, or just right for your trip to Japan. You sparked my interest with the book, and lastly, after thinking you had too much stuff, you brought a notebook & pen along with your Iphone. Funny. I still find pen & paper beats the endless note space in an iphone – it will never go out of use. Thanks.

49. Sg33k on September 11, 2018 at 8:15 pm

Very informative video…. thanks!

50. The Ralphies on September 11, 2018 at 8:16 pm