What’s inside my CAMERA Bag for a World Tour – Travel Photography Gear

What’s inside my CAMERA Bag for a World Tour – Travel Photography Gear

Today I’m sharing what is in my camera bag as a travel photographer on a world tour. Discover my travel photography & why I switched from Nikon & Panasonic to Sony. From DSLR to Mirrorless…
– New Lightroom Presets & Profiles Pack: https://goo.gl/KSEpmL
– All of the gear that I use: https://goo.gl/xNVM5g
– Shot on this camera https://amzn.to/2JUQzOG with this lens https://amzn.to/2J2KrCw
– Camera Filters box mentioned: https://amzn.to/2NW5XMO

As a travel photographer for me the most important in camera gear is to pack light – yet not compromising quality and my DOF (yes I love shallow DOF!). I started with a Nikon D750 then added a Panasonic GH5 – only to now have a Sony A7R3 – I discuss in details why. Choosing the right camera is essential when you travel! Everyone has different needs – know what you shoot & what you need.

▶︎ World Tour Travel Vlog with Trina 👉 http://bit.ly/PierreTL-YT
👉 INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/pierretlambert

1. Yuhyun Kim on July 30, 2018 at 9:57 am

I just started photography and I fell in love with a6000. I had my moms old sony a500 for the longest time and I learned a great deal with that camera but I thought it was time to move on since I booked a few paid photography gigs. A6000 was my choice since everyone was going crazy over mirrorless and I wanted to try it out but I am still a newbie so I dont have the funds to throw down 2k on a a7iii. I gotta say a6000 is a great value camera! I shot some amazing portraits and wedding gigs and my clients love the images and I never felt any limitations with it so far.

2. Andy Lopez on July 30, 2018 at 9:57 am

I usually travel with my A7RIII, and a 24-70mm f2.8 GM. I like to go really light 😕. If I take a second lens with me its my 85mm f1.8 which I love.

3. Alcypulsor on July 30, 2018 at 9:58 am

I started off using Sony a6000 as my first actual camera, and then after 3 months of usage, I decided to sell it off becoz I felt it was a little bit too small for my hand. Right now I’m using Sony a7ii as well as an original a7 as my backup camera! I’m liking them so far!

4. John Wexler on July 30, 2018 at 9:58 am

No flash?

5. Paul M on July 30, 2018 at 9:59 am

CAUTION Pierre. Unless you were kidding about the battery that smells like strawberries, that aroma could be a sign of lithium ion battery over-heating, or leakage. Sometimes an overcharge will produce the same smell, prior to ignition.

6. Vincent Vladof on July 30, 2018 at 10:03 am

What brand is the backpack?

7. Akintunde Da-Silva on July 30, 2018 at 10:06 am

Awesome video! I’m a Sony A6000 user 💥😀 , just got my 1st pair of wide angle lenses (Rokinon 12mm and the Sigma 19mm) gonna be shooting proper landscape for the 1st time this week! Nervous but excited, like you said loads of potential in Nigeria.. I didn’t even realize😱 thanks for the inspiration🙏

8. isthernes on July 30, 2018 at 10:07 am

I almost had to stop watching the video with the sound of the bag scratching the bonnet of that beautiful car 🙁

9. The Path Less Traveled on July 30, 2018 at 10:07 am

Im seriously considering getting an A7iii and then rolling with that and my GH5. But then two lens systems! The struggle haha.

10. CHRISTOPH Altenburger on July 30, 2018 at 10:09 am

I hope the car lender does not watch this video. Apart from that very informative – want to pack the gear and go travelling too.

11. Samantha Lovely on July 30, 2018 at 10:09 am

its quite entertaining to watch what gears you use 😀
    can you guide me as to which pp would be easier to use for run & gun shooting & just simple youtube videos?
    PS: i am a newbie 😁

12. Pierre T. Lambert on July 30, 2018 at 10:11 am

Happy MONDAY! What is YOUR Favorite Camera?!
    Subscribe & hit that 🔔(new video Mo&Thu)! 👉 http://bit.ly/PierreTLambert & https://instagram.com/pierretlambert.
    🔥I Edited in the plane with my LR Preset Pack I mentioned!: https://goo.gl/tLja2x
    🛒All my gear listed here: https://goo.gl/xNVM5g
    ps: music includes https://soundcloud.com/dogjames, http://soundcloud.com/randuski

13. Trouble Times on July 30, 2018 at 10:12 am

The view tho ❤️

14. Mark Earley on July 30, 2018 at 10:12 am

Why do you tape up your 70-200

15. Brandt Bennett on July 30, 2018 at 10:13 am

I’m currently using a Nikon D850 and a Sony A7II

16. Badshah D Best on July 30, 2018 at 10:20 am

Bruh i need tht kinda bag pack in future

17. Marc Signer on July 30, 2018 at 10:21 am

Definitely want to see a video with the gimbal! My Sony Zeiss 55mm f1.8 honestly is the best thing ever. So versatile, incredibly sharp and small at the same time!

18. Nyym on July 30, 2018 at 10:22 am

love❤ from Nepal.

19. Ken Wong on July 30, 2018 at 10:23 am

I shoot with an Olympus E-M5 II, and bring it around with me all the time, usually with a 25mm/1.4 or a 12-40/2.8. Very enjoyable hobby camera, quality optics and relatively inexpensive (I bought my lenses used).

20. a n d r e f a r i a on July 30, 2018 at 10:24 am

TOPTOPTOP!!!! <3

21. anandasama on July 30, 2018 at 10:24 am

I shoot both videos and stills so I got the A7III and it is absolutely amazing at both!

22. Jean-Nicolas La Marre on July 30, 2018 at 10:25 am

I can see Trina in the background and she’s bored of you talking to the camera!

23. Rafał Maliszewski on July 30, 2018 at 10:26 am

It’s called a carabiner

24. Josia Wiegand on July 30, 2018 at 10:27 am

i couldnt live without a 35mm 1.4 lens. even for travel

25. Gary Scott on July 30, 2018 at 10:27 am

I don’t do video so my cameras are Olympus OMD Mk 5 & 1. Great cameras if you need to carry them very far.

26. YoungHils VLOG on July 30, 2018 at 10:28 am

THNKS A LOT Pierre.. when are the utah vlogs coming out doh?

27. Trinity Wear on July 30, 2018 at 10:28 am

Sony A6000 for travel is my choice

28. GermanReview on July 30, 2018 at 10:30 am

I startet with a canon 50d, then got a 5D mark I..because full frame, that ones mirror broke after a month and than i got into sony, with my a7. Couldn’t be happier for photos, dynamic range is awesome, but the lens prices are insane!!

29. John Dawson on July 30, 2018 at 10:30 am

If you think Utah is beautiful (and it is), come up to Idaho. 😉

30. Renaud Rochereau on July 30, 2018 at 10:30 am

J’utilise un Nikon D500 depuis un an et des poussières maintenant, il est fantastique !! Mais j’avoue que les récentes sorties de chez Sony me font de l’œil 😁 Chouette vidéo comme toujours !

31. Jon Paul on July 30, 2018 at 10:30 am

What is the gimbal you show at the end? (and the climbing shackle is called a Carabiner)

32. Dai Winn on July 30, 2018 at 10:30 am

I have just recently got a nikon d500 and love it I couldn’t live without any of my kit lol

33. Irving Martinez on July 30, 2018 at 10:31 am

Nikon D7200 and D5200, both Crop sensors… I do want a Sony when Im ready for an upgrade..

34. Elysium on July 30, 2018 at 10:34 am

10:49= it’s also known as a carabiner.

35. Julien Sena on July 30, 2018 at 10:35 am

un mousqueton = a carabiner.

36. Mohammad HZ on July 30, 2018 at 10:36 am

Hi mate. Great video as always. I shoot with Fujifilm XT-20. It has the exact same sensor as the XT-2 and gives you the exact same pic quality for half the price as well as being more compact and lighter. I’m an Aussie and my fiance is German, a berliner so we travel a lot and I wanted a camera that was light and compact. Boy is it a phenomenal camera! Absolutely love the fuji X system. Another main reason for getting a fuji was for the lenses fuji make. I’ve never liked zoom and love primes and when it comes to primes for photography, you can not beat fuji glass. Takes glorious photos with great colours. It’s not as good as the sony for people like yourself who shoot a lot of video. Although, it does do 4K video and for my personal needs and holiday and family videos is perfect. I have found that because it is so light, I take it absolutely every where with me and take a lot more shots. It makes shooting street a lot easier as it isn’t in people’s faces to scare them off and notice me. As much as I love the XT-20, nothing compares for my love for fuji glass. I can’t go without my 23mm f1.4 as I am a 35mm shooter. I recently invested in the 56mm f1.2 and it is just optically perfect. When it comes to sharpness and quality, it is one of the best lenses I have ever used. I now don’t leave the house without my camera and lenses. I can’t recall a time when I left home and not taken my gear with me. I don’t think I can switch to another system as I love fuji glass so much. I do think the Sony AR7iii is the best mirrorless camera out there and has full frame sensor but to me I don’t like the lens qualities as much – defs not saying they are bad quality but not as good as fuji range to me and much much more pricier. Cheers for your videos. Looking forward to the filter video.

37. AlduManyaTV on July 30, 2018 at 10:38 am

Way you dont do Review about feyutech 2000 ? i wont now you opinion about it.

38. Paul M on July 30, 2018 at 10:39 am

Points well made. It boils down to ergonomics — you use what’s comfortable. Sony fits my needs. Clip called something like “carabiner”. Lens flare in vid @ 1 o’clock right on your head — what, no filter? Good point about venue photo-op overload — hard to manage when there are so many potentially awesome shots all around. I experienced that issue yesterday at a local French Culture Festival — applied some of your vid tips (thank you) — great fun, big crowds, World Cup on big screen TV w/fanatic fans watching, good food, candid shots of people and vendors, and (yes) pétanque lessons. Hey, maybe managing photo-op overload would make a good tutorial. (Sun screen, bug spray , first aid kit in your pack???)

39. Paddy around the World on July 30, 2018 at 10:42 am

I got a
    Sony a7r2 whit a 24-70 G
    GoPro 5

🧐

40. Martín Weiss L. on July 30, 2018 at 10:43 am

Nice gear! And nice channel, I wait forma your videos 👏👏 Do you use any prime lens for traveling? A hug frlm Chile!

41. Brian Gaudette on July 30, 2018 at 10:46 am

for shooting time lapse, do you ever go into your S&Q settings and under "Record Setting" set it to 25 frames per second and then set the "Frame Rate" to 1 frame per second? Seems to do the trick.

42. Samuel Kellenberger on July 30, 2018 at 10:49 am

J’ai toujours été chez Sony. Suis passé du a57 que j’ai eu plusieurs années à un a7iii en mars. Quel monstre !!!! Et j’ai pris la bague LA-EA4 pour pouvoir réutiliser mes objectifs en montures A et mes anciens Minolta qui donnent quelque chose d’organique aux photos…. bref, Sony 4ever 😉

43. Dennis van Tol on July 30, 2018 at 10:50 am

I hope you didn’t scratch the paint of that rental.. 😀

Why is there tape on the 70-200?

I have some simular gear.. so now I need to work on the skills more! Hahaha!!

44. Samski on July 30, 2018 at 10:51 am

Thank you for sharing! You’re very gifted. I love to travel as well:)I just shared my first ever video – My holiday diary in Queenstown. Eep!Would definitely enjoy your advice on my video/editing so that I am able to improve like you!

45. Pigiama on July 30, 2018 at 10:51 am

hi pierre i do the same thing,in january, but form canon i bought G9 so now i’m using all M43 stuff.. pretty like it bus sometime i miss ff look…

46. John Mustaparta on July 30, 2018 at 10:52 am

Sony a7iii with 24-70 f/2.8 GM and the Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 😁

47. Sabine Squared on July 30, 2018 at 10:53 am

I started out with a Sony A5000 a couple years ago. Upgraded to Canon 70D only to upgrade to a Canon 5D M4 a couple months later. A year later I added a Sony RX100M5, but I still prefer the 5D and drag it with me whenever I can

48. Crates 10 on July 30, 2018 at 10:55 am

Consistently excellent–informative, entertaining, upbeat–thank you!

49. Willy Joseph-Louis on July 30, 2018 at 10:56 am

Bon apparement quand j’ecris ces lignes je suis le seul à utiliser Canon apsc eos 80d. C’est vrai que les sony sont tres tentant mais j’attends de voir les prochaines camera que canon va sortir

50. groovesme on July 30, 2018 at 10:57 am