Airport & Airplane TRAVEL HACKS

Airport & Airplane TRAVEL HACKS

My best TRICKS, TIPS and HACKS on how to make your airport and airplane travel better!
☼ SUBSCRIBE: Join the Adventure ☞ http://bit.ly/hey-nadine

Nadine Sykora, PO Box 23073
Plaza 33 PO, Kelowna, BC
V1X 7K7, Canada

◂ ◃ – CONTACT – ▸ ▹
→ Business: nadinesykora@gmail.com

1. Fatin Farhana on July 12, 2018 at 8:09 am

3 hours is only & definitely needed at Marrakech airport. The luggage drop was so slow, immigration took SOOOOOOOOOO long because they kinda do it manually. Even upon arrival it took us 2 hours from landing to getting out of the airport.

2. Ashley Gardner on July 12, 2018 at 8:12 am

Imagine if everyone stops using black suitcases. Then if I was one of the only people using a black suitcase, I’d recognize it immediately🤔……
    EVERYONE, DONT USE BLACK SUITCASES!!!

3. Eliana on July 12, 2018 at 8:12 am

If you already have a black bag, put some kind of indicator that this bag is yours (like a ribbon on the handle or something)

4. k gamer on July 12, 2018 at 8:12 am

If you have a baby they’ll let you keep the bottle of water

5. IHeartDavid20 on July 12, 2018 at 8:12 am

Your tips are amazing! Im going on my first international trip and your videos have helped soooo much thank you!

6. Maz Dela Cerna on July 12, 2018 at 8:14 am

Enjoyed this!

7. Jacen Starheart on July 12, 2018 at 8:16 am

Hey Nadine, Excellent Video, Very Informative, Entertaining and Fun, Appreciate it! 👍👍❤💯😊👌

8. Jesica Narang on July 12, 2018 at 8:17 am

Very helpful

9. TM&H vids on July 12, 2018 at 8:19 am

You’re so cute omw

10. Itsme Joanna on July 12, 2018 at 8:21 am

Actually we tried doing that telling those immigration and TSA coz we have to transfer & our plane landed late. We told them that our plane is leaving, but they never care. Good thing we ran fast and the pilot let us in even though they’re aboutta close the door.

11. Marie 0879 on July 12, 2018 at 8:21 am

Actually sit in the back, you have a higher chance of surviving a crash

12. Alex Kapustin on July 12, 2018 at 8:25 am

Being nice to the airport staff does not always work. In Europe, you sometimes need to yell and scream to get the point across and enforce your passenger rights conferred by the EU Regulations, especially in case of overbooking and cancellation. Otherwise, they might overlook your situation. They just don’t want to deal with you. If you want to choose re-routing as opposed to reimbursement, it can be difficult as they will insist on you getting a reimbursement, because it is easier for them.
    On a side note, I hate airports and planes. Waiting for teleportation options.

13. Jillian Thornton on July 12, 2018 at 8:26 am

I love your shirt, i love your headboard, i love your lamp, i love your map, i love your mountain wall thingy, i love your hair. also, great hacks 🙂

14. Einar Bolstad on July 12, 2018 at 8:26 am

Asking airport staff for directions and such is of course a normal thing to do, but don’t ask crew about airport specific things. Some will of course know the answer, but many crew just don’t know. They may not be based at that airport or they may not be up to date (things change at aiports). I’ve seen this so many times, pax asks crew something and gets a guess as an answer – or worse. Primarily, ask ground staff and airport information staff. They’ve heard it all before and are the ones most up to date.

15. Anvitha Sharma on July 12, 2018 at 8:27 am

We tie a peice of string or ribbon and tie it on the suitcase. So if it gets lost we say it had a rainbow ribbon with flowers or something.

16. carly smith on July 12, 2018 at 8:28 am

How do you check in online?

17. 李姿娜 on July 12, 2018 at 8:28 am

Hello,
    I work in Timekettle, a startup working on a real-time translation device. May I ask your kind help to fill a survey? It won’t take you more than few minutes, thank you in advance 🙂
    Have a wonderful day!

18. ShannonGib123 on July 12, 2018 at 8:29 am

I’d say if you go to a very busy airport during high season definitely try to arrive 3 hours early because one time I arrived 2.5 hours prior to my flight and the check in lines were insane. I waited in line for over 2 hours and I had 15 minutes to spare to get to my flight by the time I got there my flight prepared for take off in 2 minutes. I was cutting it close

19. Travel Tutor on July 12, 2018 at 8:29 am

Charter airlines require airport check in 3 hours prior. Plus you should make sure to assign your seats at the time of booking and not wait until check in. Great video! #traveltutor

20. Sougata Mukherjee on July 12, 2018 at 8:32 am

https://youtu.be/1N9o4SfI8R0 ….. Summers are here in full swing & so is the holiday season. So a hill station close to Mumbai is the the best bet to head to.India"s newest hill station is bound to blow your mind with its scenic beauty & well planned architecture which gives it a European vibe totally. Join us on this funride as we transport u to a whole new destination…Lavasa. Don’t forget to like, share & comment on the video & also subscribe to the channel…. Stories With Sougata. Thanks 😊😘

21. Audrey P. on July 12, 2018 at 8:33 am

I have a red eye flight In a couple week and I don’t know how I am going to wake up soo early. Does anyone have any advice??

22. Kup of Yo on July 12, 2018 at 8:37 am

Good advice! I did a shorter version on my channel that covered some of the same topics!

23. Eva Cocina rosa on July 12, 2018 at 8:38 am

You gave me an idea! Personalise the luggage! Black suitcase are yet the most common but other colours are massive too, so we can sew something or paint them with acrylic or spray or anything that makes our suitcase unique and different. I think I’m gonna paint my pink suitcase to make it really special

24. Lava Yuki on July 12, 2018 at 8:39 am

I paid for the Etihad lounge access once for around £45 as I had a 5 hour wait in Abu Dabi which has literally nothing when I was going from the UK to Japan

25. Armine Kostanyan on July 12, 2018 at 8:42 am

Its safer to stay in the back

26. Maryam mhd on July 12, 2018 at 8:45 am

I miss your tips video please make it 😘😘😘

27. Charles José Ferrari on July 12, 2018 at 8:46 am

About seat location… If you have time, usually people book the back seats latest, so if you have a long flight (which nowadays always have plugs), I’d rather take the seats on the back to try the luck of a free seat as neighbour.

Regarding the special meals, I always order dairy-free meals, and unfortunately, there are nowadays so many people ordering special meals that they don’t serve those first anymore in some airlines 🙁 But sometimes it happens 😀

28. teoqora oof on July 12, 2018 at 8:49 am

PRO tip: If you have a black suitcase,or a common coloured suitcase (like red,etc.) tie a ribbon around the handle or add a sticker on it so you can easily see which one is yours. I have a black suitcase,and I always tie a colourfull ribbon around it,and when I land I just grab my suitcase and leave,watching other people struggle to figure out which one is whos.
    Also,if you are carrying something fragile (like your laptop,curling irons etc.) and you are afraid to put it in your suitcase but you dont have room on your carry-on,just put it in a suitcase and put a sticker that says ”Fragile” on the suitcase.
    -your frequent flyer. <3

29. Gypsy Belle on July 12, 2018 at 8:51 am

Brilliant! Not your typical hacks and all very doable. Nadine rocks!

30. TRAVEL WITH RD on July 12, 2018 at 8:51 am

great tips

31. Hi Z on July 12, 2018 at 8:52 am

32. phoebe 12 on July 12, 2018 at 8:53 am

My tips:

Bring a backpack or purse on the plane and put an extra small blanket in it

Bring a carry on on the flight where you put devices and other stuff you want on the plane with you

BRING SNACKS
    On the plane always bring snacks because if you’re flying economy class the food is total crap so you will want your snacks

Always bring headphones on the flight

Check if you can get a seat upgrade first when you get there

Don’t buy those head rests things they don’t work at all! There is really no great way to sleep on the plane😒

Check if you can have the front row of seats, leg room is a must!

Ask if you can have a seat with an empty seat next to you so you can nap on it (this one has worked for me lots of times)

Bring an inflatable pillow
    Yes I said inflatable, they take up no space and they are great if you want to relax
    (Bring a soft pillow case to put over it too,)

I travel a lot over seas, last year France, this year Portugal, so if you have any questions just ask!

Hope this helps someone😘

33. Stanislav P. on July 12, 2018 at 8:53 am

But how do you get the empty bottle through security? You’re not supposed to take any containers (empty or not) bigger than 100ml. Ain’t that right?

34. Garrett on July 12, 2018 at 8:54 am

Please help me achieve my goal of visiting Iceland! Even the smallest donations are a great kickstart to my all time dream travel destination! Thank you 🙂

35. all we know on July 12, 2018 at 8:54 am

Hey why are her fingers so red लाली कुठली

36. Stefan Trandafir on July 12, 2018 at 8:55 am

If you get overbooked, just pretend to talk to someone on the phone, crying, and saying you’re so sorry you won’t be at a persons funeral, they might be nice and get you on the plane at a better class! (A friend tried it and it worked) *also I know it soundes stupid*

37. Mstwinser on July 12, 2018 at 8:55 am

I took an economy flight but get a Business line. Just be patient an wait the Business line empty for minutes and they gonna call you in.

38. Ruth Medley on July 12, 2018 at 8:56 am

So I went to Disney world with my friend and her mom made us get at the airport at 5:00 am. Are flight leaves at six pm. Like really gurl! (No joke)

39. Megan Myers on July 12, 2018 at 8:58 am

last year me and my family were flying from PA to Oahu and our og plan was to fly to dc then to hawaii… the night b4 the dc flight was cancelled and changed to a Chicago flight, and then to hawaii. we also og bought first class tickets for both flights and the flight change didn’t give us first class seats, but we were like ok whatever. and so we ended up paying for four first class seats twice. (stay w me😂). so we are on our 2nd flight from chicago to hawaii and we end up landing in California bc a generator stopped working on the plane. we ended up waiting for 10 ish hours until we were able to got back onto the flight for another 4 hours. my point here is that after this situation, my parents always told everyone that me and my 10 yr old sister were better behaved than most adults. i remember at one point adults started to crowd at the customer service desk and start yelling and complaining and nothing good came out of it. so i totally agree and relate when you mention that being angry and yell-y when an unfortunate thing happens doesn’t help anyone.

40. Angelica Alcantar on July 12, 2018 at 9:01 am

Are you allowed to take a small over the shoulder purse if it can fit in your carry on ?

41. Makena727 Makena727 on July 12, 2018 at 9:01 am

2:54 I just bought a 4-wheeled suitcase, and tomorrow, I am heading to Hawaii!

42. Ava Alena Alex Jessica Family on July 12, 2018 at 9:02 am

I don’t appreciate that cuss words☹️

43. Bob on July 12, 2018 at 9:02 am

Hi guys check this travel blog please http://www.30traveltips.blogspot.com

44. Ashley Woedy on July 12, 2018 at 9:03 am

Moral of the story be nice and cry

45. Tammy's Vlogs on July 12, 2018 at 9:03 am

I should have bought the lounge access because I had a 22 HOUR layover 🤦‍♀️😂😂😭😭

46. David Cooper on July 12, 2018 at 9:03 am

So…. you sound like a very manipulative person……………. WELL DONE SISTER wecome to getting the best

47. Hey Nadine on July 12, 2018 at 9:04 am

Don’t forget to hit SUBSCRIBE (and click the bell) for all new Travel Advice & Adventure Videos from me!

48. Abi Wamunyu on July 12, 2018 at 9:04 am

The Katy Perry reference….lol:-)

49. WhichUppercut on July 12, 2018 at 9:04 am

It’s impossible to check in online. They need to check your luggage. It needs to pass through customs. Lol there is no such thing as check in’s online. Everyone checks in waiting in line at the airport. So for anybody that was been mind raped by this, you’re welcome. Now you know. Super safe travels everyone.

50. Timothy Ferdinand on July 12, 2018 at 9:04 am

four-wheel suitcase is better to