Travel Packing: Everything You Need to Travel the World

Travel Packing: Everything You Need to Travel the World

In this video I show everything I’m bringing for my next trip to Asia.
Visit Gabriel’s Amazon e-store for cool travel gear: https://www.amazon.com/shop/gabrieltraveler

Full list of things to bring traveling:

-large backpack
-small daypack
-laptop computer, case, power cord, earphones
-camera, tripod, camera case, extra battery, memory cards, charger
-moneybelt
-books (including a guidebook for your destination, such as Lonely Planet or Rough Guide)
-passport and necessary visas
-baseball cap, other hats
-electrical socket adapter, voltage converter (if necessary, not needed for most laptop computers, cameras, cell phones)
-bicycle cable lock
-warm jacket
-blanket (or sleeping bag)
-toiletry bag
-toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss
-shampoo, bar soap
-razors, small unbreakable mirror, shaving gel
-mosquito repellent
-t-shirts
-tank tops
-pants, belt
-swim goggles
-dirty laundry bag
-wallet, checkbook
-photocopies of passport, I.D.s and credit cards
-water purification tablets
-cell phone and charger
-super glue, pens
-small padlocks
-small handy bags
-metal water bottle
-beard trimmer
-towel
-toilet paper
-sunglasses
-warm hat, gloves, neck warmer
-journal
-chapstick
-watch
-needles, thread, collapsible scissors
-headlamp/flashlight
-extra batteries for clock, headlamp, etc.
-lighters
-Leatherman tool (pocketknife)
-small spoon
-fingernail clippers
-ear plugs
-eyeshade (sleeping mask)
-aloe vera gel

PLANNING A BUDGET TRAVELING TRIP? “Gabe’s Guide to Budget Travel” is a travel guidebook that’s packed with practical travel info. Just $10 on Amazon! For more info, CLICK HERE: http://www.amazon.com/Gabes-Guide-Budget-Travel-Tricks/dp/1470155141/
More books by Gabriel Morris: https://www.amazon.com/Gabriel-Morris/e/B001JS0KOS/
Support Gabriel’s videos on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/gabrieltraveler
Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gabrieltraveler
Join the “Love of Travel” Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/224985807515334/
Gabriel’s travel page on Facebook:
Follow on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/gabrieltravel
Lots more adventure travel at: http://gabrieltraveler.com

Video created by Gabriel Morris, who is the owner of all video or photo content. Filmed with a GoPro HERO5 Black (http://amzn.to/2fbTQys).

Gabriel is a world traveler and travel writer who has been adventuring around the world off and on since his first trip to Europe in the summer of 1990 when he was 18 years old. He is author of “Gabe’s Guide to Budget Travel”, “Following My Thumb” and has written several other books available on Amazon.com and elsewhere.

Thanks a lot for watching and safe journeys!

Travel Packing: Everything You Need to Travel the World

1. Renit Rift on July 1, 2018 at 7:00 am

No sunscreen? There are natural ones, check out skindeep at ewg.org. Your skin is getting a bit weathered bro.

2. Adrian Hjelle on July 1, 2018 at 7:01 am

Are you shooting in linear mode?

3. Leandraki on July 1, 2018 at 7:02 am

please gabriel, give the link of your amazon store in, I couldn´t find it.

4. Viajedelavida on July 1, 2018 at 7:02 am

Why pack a travel alarm clock when you have a smart phone?

5. 2 SLICES OF JAM on July 1, 2018 at 7:04 am

Hi Gabe I like the idea of helping you travel at the expense of Amazon!!! I buy a lot of stuff of Amazon but I am in the UK so its Amazon.co.uk see if you can join their affiliate program (uk) and list the items or equivalent items so you get the commission from UK buyers..looking forward to your next adventure’s..Have fun..

6. Shahan Karanjia on July 1, 2018 at 7:04 am

Hey Gabriel. Have you travelled to North East India ? Haven’t seen any videos where you’ve covered the region.

7. Waffenssdeutschland on July 1, 2018 at 7:05 am

INSTEAD OF HIMALAYA GO TO TIBET!

8. YT Viewer on July 1, 2018 at 7:06 am

How about tooth paste/brush/pick, dental floss, aspirin or tylenol? The Flents foam earplugs seems to block out the noise better than the green, rubber earplugs you have, but they don’t last as long.

What airline are you flying from SF to Singapore?

9. Chris Mad on July 1, 2018 at 7:07 am

Very nice

10. Jay L on July 1, 2018 at 7:09 am

Is there a hostel you recommend in San Fran?

11. T Midnight on July 1, 2018 at 7:11 am

Great video 👍 Safe travels to Asia ✈️

12. GOVIND GP on July 1, 2018 at 7:12 am

Gabe, came across this now! Which are those sandals? Please let me know

13. DesertPunk0 on July 1, 2018 at 7:13 am

wow, you are taking that nasty looking backpack.

14. Gato on July 1, 2018 at 7:16 am

Now is the rainy season in most of Thailand, so that rain jacket might come in real handy (but hopefully you don’t have to use it 😌)

15. Jen C. on July 1, 2018 at 7:20 am

Hi Kitty 🐱😍

16. Dennis M on July 1, 2018 at 7:23 am

Can you recommend a travel bag or pack that meets airline requirements when utilizing the budget fares that only allow one bag “personal item” that fits under plane seat in front of you? Not considered a carry on.
    Thanks

17. Fancy BobbyBob on July 1, 2018 at 7:24 am

Looking forward to watching your adventure Gabriel, safe travels!!

18. E & C on July 1, 2018 at 7:24 am

Great Video, Thank You Gabriel! Maybe you could start producing and selling your "Gabriel Traveler Breakfast on the Go" ! you are my favorite youtuber. Have a safe trip I’m looking forward to videos! God Bless you!

19. Chief Joe S. Wiggum In Donuts We Trust on July 1, 2018 at 7:26 am

Q

| 😂
    |—-||—-|
    || Q

HI, Gabriel! Your NUMERO UNO fan here aka JOKERS WILD!!

20. hikexplore on July 1, 2018 at 7:26 am

I honestly think this is to much stuff, but your the expert so I can’t say to much.

Can’t wait for Thailand videos!!!!!!

21. joelincoln l on July 1, 2018 at 7:28 am

I was thinking about going to thailand…Ill just watch u go lol

22. Anders Griffiths on July 1, 2018 at 7:30 am

It’s been a while since I last viewed any of your videos.
    But seriously? for someone who travels as much as you do, you pack like it’s your first time.
    There is no need to take your own breakfast to Thailand (AGAIN!) If you were going to Europe, Oz/NZ or Japan then i’d understand.

23. dorotkake on July 1, 2018 at 7:31 am

Where’s the suntan/sunblock lotion? It’s very handy in Thailand 🙂

24. Steff's Thailand Travel on July 1, 2018 at 7:31 am

Thanks for sharing. I use a travel packing list that I created several years ago. It lists everything I need when I go back to Thailand. I can pack everything in less then 2 hours. Also a to-do list that i use a couple of days before the take off. Such as go to the bank, warn neighbors to take out your post, Buy Belgian chocolate for Thai friends, etc… 🙂
    A good tip: Give the hotel staff, cleaning ladies a pack of chocolate. It costs you 2 dollar, but you will have a great stay for 2 weeks. They will bring you everything you’ll need. Even an extra blanket that you don’t need to take with you. 🙂

25. High Capacity Semi Automatic Firearms on July 1, 2018 at 7:32 am

Go pro quality is good

26. Julie KiwiLee on July 1, 2018 at 7:33 am

very helpful. the cat is so cute

27. Casual for Joe on July 1, 2018 at 7:34 am

Are you ready to enjoy drinking those wonderful smoothies???

28. Deepak on July 1, 2018 at 7:34 am

When i saw Odomos (bug repellent) was thinking -hey we get this here in India too, then i hear you say "its from india,,,Lol.

Interesting that you have booked everything up including stay & flights to krabi & ko lanta,,,hope you’re stay in Singapore won’t be too brief, looking forward to having you back in Asia!!

29. Arjun Ray on July 1, 2018 at 7:35 am

Hi there Gab!! Really useful list of things to carry. Welcome yo Asia… looking forward to seeing you on your adventure videos!!👍

30. Jorge Pizarro on July 1, 2018 at 7:35 am

Are you vegan?

31. Adrian D'Souza on July 1, 2018 at 7:36 am

This is a bit mundane but I just noticed that the fingernail clipper you got in this vid is ‘TRIM" and that’s the exact identical model I recently purchased here in India for 80 Rupees but haven’t yet taken it out from it’s packaging. How would you rate the quality and performance of this clipper?

32. Adrian D'Souza on July 1, 2018 at 7:39 am

Your mum’s house looks very cosy Gabriel and Rosie the cat adds to it.

33. Ulumalu on July 1, 2018 at 7:40 am

Happy trails amigo.  I look forward to your videos.  Cheers.

34. Rocco on July 1, 2018 at 7:41 am

You’re almost if not already for a top 10 list. As far as food, hospitality, comfort, accessibility etc goes after this journey. Keep on truckin’ Gulliver!

35. chantal blashill on July 1, 2018 at 7:42 am

Is that breakfast premixed like that or do you buy all ingredients separate? I’ve never had anything that’s just add water so I’m intrigued , I ma try it even for at home!

36. Kartel Farley on July 1, 2018 at 7:43 am

I found that a back up portable charger is also important.

37. strikegold on July 1, 2018 at 7:44 am

Great video and subscribed. Btw how much do you spend on travel per month approximately? Thanks

38. Henri C on July 1, 2018 at 7:44 am

8:52 The Kelty pak has more stitching work done on it than Frankenstein:)  Nice video tnx 4posting!

39. DerVollBärtige on July 1, 2018 at 7:45 am

Good luck on your trip Gabe!!

40. Exovitae on July 1, 2018 at 7:45 am

Hi Gabe, maybe you would like to look on Amazon after the Wahl G-Whiz trimmer, yours is too big and probably way more heavy. G-Whiz runs on one AA battery, im balding my self every 5-6 days and im using it very often when im on the road.

At first i was sorry that this trimmer didn’t came with an incorporated battery that could have been charged via USB. Well i bought a Li-Polymer AA battery that has a micro USB slot on it and can be charged on any USB power source(no additional adapters and chargers), so now i have my dream trimmer that weight nothing, let me know if you are interested in the link for this new type of USB chargeable batteries.

Also i see that you are using a regular towel that can take much space and those weights much. Why dont you go for a microfiber towel? I have a 80x160cm towel that i use to dry my self after a shower and i also using it on the beach, it dries crazy fast, packs so small, weights little. Also why you need a blanket, there are hostels that dont provide it?

In this case you could get an ultra light and ultra packable quilt/envelope filled with down, it packs in a space like of two coca cola cans. Im not here to criticize or to teach you anything, you are an experienced traveler but this new stuff on the market could come in handy. Question, do you have your scissors and nail clipper on the carry on?

41. Mohawk Mike on July 1, 2018 at 7:45 am

Singapore uses the British 3 prong adapter. Not the same as most of Asia or Europe.

42. Mitzi Gomez on July 1, 2018 at 7:48 am

Your breakfast tip has saved me so much money when traveling!
    Have great time on your upcoming trip!

43. Daniel moyle on July 1, 2018 at 7:49 am

Hi Gabriel, love your channel. Glad to hear you are back to Thailand. Have you been to Pai? One of my favourite places. Also Chiang Rai is beautiful, less touristy than Pai or Chiang Mai and so much to see and do. Good luck 🙂

44. Christopher Seymour on July 1, 2018 at 7:50 am

Been my favourite for ages Gabriel… but dam you pack a he’ll of a lot of stuff for SEA…

45. Bonzo The Beast on July 1, 2018 at 7:51 am

Whistle? Beard trimmer? Water bottle? I’m really surprised an experienced traveller like yourself takes so much stuff.

I’ve travelled non-stop around India and Sth East Asia for 2 years with a 40ltr carry on pack and even that was too much. I now use a 30ltr expandable throat pack and it’s perfect. I carry a small laptop, small drum practice pad/sticks, 2 changes of clothes and all the other (admittedly bare) necessities, absolutely no worries at all.

I unpack at the hotel, collapse the pack down and head out.

Lost luggage is a big incentive to pack light… and there’s no waiting at the bluddy baggage carousel.

46. Foodie Ron on July 1, 2018 at 7:55 am

Good informative video… your large backpack looks dirty

47. Riz wan on July 1, 2018 at 7:55 am

happy to see your next journey to Asia

48. Leandraki on July 1, 2018 at 7:58 am

thanks for the great info´s , how do you secure your daypack on a beach etc. or you are near in such a place ?

49. roly4642 on July 1, 2018 at 7:58 am

Do you ever have problems taking your leatherman and stuff on the plane?

50. Gato on July 1, 2018 at 7:59 am

You might as well take those comfy pants, you took everything else 😜