Best One Bag Travel Minimalist Ultralight Gear and Packing List

Best One Bag Travel Minimalist Ultralight Gear and Packing List

Check out my picks for the best one bag travel, minimalist, ultralight gear and a packing list, too! Find more carry info at http://www.carryology.com/bags/best-one-bag-travel-ultralight-gear-packing-list/

Can you travel the world with just one small backpack including camera gear? Packing for vacation and adventure just got a whole lot lighter with these travel essentials.

Find out more about our products at http://www.aviatorcameragear.com/

Here’s the shake out if you want to watch it in chunks!

One Bag Basics – https://youtu.be/BYZVFpQe8GA

The Bag – https://youtu.be/BYZVFpQe8GA?t=2m4s

Apparel – https://youtu.be/BYZVFpQe8GA?t=3m50s

Accessories – https://youtu.be/BYZVFpQe8GA?t=18m13s

Next time – https://youtu.be/BYZVFpQe8GA?t=22m28s

Find out more about Thunderbolt Sportswear at http://www.thunderboltsportswear.com/

1. Helio Helix on June 21, 2018 at 12:22 am

Hey man, for the thunderbolt jeans are the blue ones listed as alloy on the site? The color looks slightly different.

2. Transfertravel.com on June 21, 2018 at 12:22 am

Great Video

3. EDC Adventures on June 21, 2018 at 12:23 am

Great video! Thanks for sharing

4. sadeyx on June 21, 2018 at 12:25 am

I see the tom bihn stuff is usa only, and while they do ship worldwide, they are quite expensive and no cheap second hand ones on ebay :(( dont suppose you have cheaper alternative suggestion? also, great vid! ill definatly putting a lot of this stuff on my list, if I can get it in uk 🙂

5. Toni Harikadua on June 21, 2018 at 12:26 am

very informative, will keep coming back to this video, great job 👍!!!

6. Christopher Carlsen on June 21, 2018 at 12:27 am

Great and thorough review!!!

7. Ryan Bennett on June 21, 2018 at 12:27 am

Snap! i have a focurite 2i2 in front of my tv/computer too!

8. BeyCinema on June 21, 2018 at 12:27 am

May I please have the brand and model of the power strip please? Thanks a lot!

9. Shoeless Joe on June 21, 2018 at 12:27 am

This is by far the best, most comprehensive video on minimalist travel. Thank you so much for this!

10. John Cook Ⓥ on June 21, 2018 at 12:27 am

Really great informative video, i was just wondering you mentioned that it was a shame they didnt do a vegan version of thoe dress shoes, i was wandering if you knew of any decent vegan dress shoe alternatives that pack down small and light?? thanks again

11. Erika Kamezaki on June 21, 2018 at 12:27 am

I found most of this apparel was geared towards men. Any women’s recommendations for ‘magic’ fabric women’s travel apparel?

12. Jim D on June 21, 2018 at 12:28 am

great video…..informative and not commercial…thanks for sharing.

13. Abdel Amrouche on June 21, 2018 at 12:30 am

The best video about minimalist packing I saw on Youtube so far! Amazing tips! Quick question pls: what is the color for your Outlier Slim Dungarees? Zinc? Concrete? Steel?
    Cheers

14. Marshall Customs on June 21, 2018 at 12:31 am

Pshhh that’s a wimpy bag, I’d get a Maxpedition or Vanquest.

15. Marvin Lopez on June 21, 2018 at 12:31 am

Finally! I’ve been looking for a video just like this, and everything was so helpful, especially how you provided different options

16. Michael Teter on June 21, 2018 at 12:34 am

I agree with other commenters – great and thorough video!

17. Ena Sim on June 21, 2018 at 12:37 am

Awesome video 😀 very informative

18. Kiki Miki on June 21, 2018 at 12:38 am

I love this video. Can’t wait for the new one!

19. OneHarp on June 21, 2018 at 12:39 am

Agree about those wooly boxers. The bind when you move! Love the Wolly shirts too though! Will be checking out those Outlier pants. They look amazing!!

20. Keks Kuchen on June 21, 2018 at 12:39 am

I really enjoyed your video as I’m always searching for more dress up versions of quick dry clothing. Thank you

21. bangonthedoortwice on June 21, 2018 at 12:41 am

By the time I got any of this gear I wouldn’t be able to afford anything to eat!

22. William Rich on June 21, 2018 at 12:43 am

Excellent review and travel gear video. Thanks, wtr

23. Texas Lonestar on June 21, 2018 at 12:45 am

Have you seen any clothes like yours for women?

24. Jen Ocean on June 21, 2018 at 12:45 am

Excellent video, thank you

25. De Mafketels on June 21, 2018 at 12:49 am

Damn, when you got back, it must have been like Christmas with all those packages…

26. pinkeye00 on June 21, 2018 at 12:55 am

Great job dude ….

27. Jennifer Marcus on June 21, 2018 at 12:56 am

Great video. Do you think you could do a video on what your wife brought? Thank you for the great information.

28. Stonnie Dennis on June 21, 2018 at 12:56 am

Thanks!

29. albert schweizer on June 21, 2018 at 12:56 am

liked the video. you really gave a lot of useful information. but how close your face to the camera is makes me uncomfortable

30. Andrew Parsons on June 21, 2018 at 1:00 am

Did you ever checked out thru – hiking communities? They abuse their gears more heavily than digital nomads and live out of 10-15lbs packs for eight months a year. Often many years in a row.

31. Scott Obenhein on June 21, 2018 at 1:01 am

Great video. Have you tried the Prana pants/shorts? These are my favorite by far, but I have not tried the once you are recommending.

32. Ammo Man on June 21, 2018 at 1:01 am

these products are incredible.

33. Kristian B Lerche on June 21, 2018 at 1:02 am

Here is a quick tip… regarding hotel sinks and bath tubs where the stopper does not fit or make a good seal…(most of them) bring a squash ball and use that instead of the stopper… that works…

34. HydnBB2 on June 21, 2018 at 1:04 am

I normally don’t like to watch any informational vids that are more than 10min because I feel that they’re just dragging the info, but yours was so cut to the point with every clip I loved it! I’m planning to travel to a 3rd world country and these were very helpful tips! Thx!😃

35. Jim Alessandra on June 21, 2018 at 1:04 am

one of the BEST reviews EVER! thanks!

36. Doolally Studios on June 21, 2018 at 1:04 am

Holy shit!!! For $200 those pants better feel comfortable. They better give me an HJ and make me a sandwich as well for that money. Nice video though.

37. DisillusionedAcronym on June 21, 2018 at 1:05 am

to be honest, i rarely like these type of videos because people rarely think of how things would fit for someone else or they can’t be bothered to explain their full reasoning. yours, however, was great. thank you. 🙂

38. CHAOSNCHECK T on June 21, 2018 at 1:06 am

Nice video. I have the Tom Bihn 25 and have taken several multi-day trips with it as my only bag I agree with your assessment, the bag is well made, nice location for the pockets, I especially like the interior contrast in colors. I use a number of packing cubes which help me to stay organized. All this said, I recently acquired the GR1 from GORUCK. The is a completely different design from the Tom Bihn; it has a large main pocket and it opens flat which makes packing an ease. The flap has a number of pockets for smaller items. On the outside there is a large zipper pocket. Some viewers might be put off by the GR1 because it lacks interior pockets and it was my concern at first, however, I have a number of storage pouches which I use to keep things organized. The GR1 is well made, ruggedly, and the material is water resistant. I especially like the fact it keeps it’s form where the Tom Bihn as you know doesn’t. I enjoyed hearing what clothing items you selected and why as well as what items didn’t work for you. I enjoy the challenge of minimalist packing and for me it’s all the difference between hating a trip or thoroughly enjoying it.
    I would have liked to see the video include you actually packing your pack.

39. Th3SundanceKid on June 21, 2018 at 1:07 am

thank you. this helped a lot.

40. Tim Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung on June 21, 2018 at 1:08 am

Thanks Castiel

41. roundingcorners on June 21, 2018 at 1:08 am

Cool perspective but those vivobarefoots are something else. I’d rather go have tea and look like i came from a jog in trail runners versus those.

42. Robert Barnes on June 21, 2018 at 1:08 am

How come no new videos???

43. steve williams on June 21, 2018 at 1:08 am

Definitely one of the best one bag travel videos online. Would be very cool if you did an update … even if its to say you haven’t changed anything since this video was made.

44. Rick Powell on June 21, 2018 at 1:10 am

didn’t see u put it all in the small backpack

45. thestrauss on June 21, 2018 at 1:12 am

That was really interesting, thanks for sharing.

46. missmayflower on June 21, 2018 at 1:14 am

Best video on the topic I’ve seen. I would have liked to see how you pack all that in the pack.

47. Robert Barnes on June 21, 2018 at 1:16 am

When’s the new gear videos coming out??

48. Dean on June 21, 2018 at 1:18 am

Some alternatives I have been using things you should check out as options:

Jacket / Hoody: Patagonia Nano Air Hoody (it’s much comfier than the nano puff and I use it instead of hoody also).
    Shirts (less smart): Icebreaker Departure II or Ibex Champlain Shirt
    Thermal Underwear: Stoic Merino Bottom (These are a little long, but work great under the thunderbolts if going to a cold place in winter. They also double as a good pajama pant.)
    Shoes: I like support, want casual and rugged for hiking. I find that Merrell have a good range of options that are both smart and practical. I chose the Moab Rover Waterproof. This is the only shoe you need unless you want a sandal also.
    towel: REI Co-op MultiTowel Lite X-Large Towel. I like a big towel, and love that it then doubles as something to sit on at a beach or picnic.
    Socks: Darn Tough. They have multiple styles and sizes, but they are amazing for comfort and not sweating. They also have a lifetime guarantee. I have recently been replacing all socks with these.
    Other Hoody option: LLBean Men’s Merino Wool Hooded Sweatshirt Full zip, comfy, warm, quick drying – but really wish it had other colors. I couldn’t get your option in my size.
    Layering: Now that I travel with a Nanoair, I tend to use a SmartWool Kiva Ridge V-Neck Sweater instead of a hoody. It is great as it doubles usage as a casual top, or can be smart with a shirt underneath.
    Belt: Arcade adventure belt. Not super smart, but great for travel and all other purposes.
    Battery for charging device: Anker PowerCore 13000 Portable Charger
    Camera: Sony A5100 with 16-50mm lens (slightly bigger, but better image quality and interchangeable lenses). I just wish it had a viewfinder.
    Pen: Fisher Space Pen, X-750 Space Pen

49. Andrew Tailor on June 21, 2018 at 1:21 am

Do you have a link for your minimalist video gear? I’m interested